Promoting the Further Education of Our Youth in Mississippi and Louisiana
In 2017, Southern AgCredit awarded 11 scholarships to deserving students. Winners were announced in May 2017. Scholarship winners are selected based on school and community involvement, scholastic performance, educational goals and financial needs.
To be eligible to apply, you must be a child, grandchild or spouse of a current Southern AgCredit borrower or be a borrower yourself.
Children or grandchildren of the Southern AgCredit Board of Directors or employees are not eligible to apply.
- Scholarships for high school seniors
- Scholarships for college students
- Mr. Jimmie Dick Carter Scholarship (For a student who attends or is planning to attend Mississippi State University)
- Scholarship: measured by grades and transcripts (5 points)
- Leadership: measured by positions held in student government, civic and church groups (10 points)
- Extracurricular activities: measured by participation in sports, school and community organizations, as well as work experience (10 points)
- Essay: measured by content and message (25 points)
To apply for a 2018 scholarship click the links listed below and return by April 2, 2018. Winners will be announced in May.